0
0
0

Matteo Balsano - choose a jigsaw puzzle to solve

The Church of Saint Matthew (Italian: Chiesa di San Matteo or San Matteo al Cassaro) is a Baroque church of Palermo. It is located in the main street of the city, the ancient Cassaro, in the quarter of the Loggia, within the historic centre of Palermo. The church was built between 1633 and 1664 by the will of the Miseremini confraternity. The building was probably designed by the architect of the Senate of Palermo, Mariano Smiriglio, but was completed by Gaspare Guercio and Carlo D'Aprile. It is decorated with many works of important Sicilian artists like Vito D'Anna, Pietro Novelli, Giacomo Serpotta, Bartolomeo Sanseverino, Filippo Randazzo, Antonio Manno, Francesco Sozzi. The church is also connected to the palermitan legend of the Beati Paoli.