Church in Bolmin
You have an unfinished game.
The oldest mention of the village of Bolmin is in "Liber Beneficiorum" and dates back to 1510-1520. As for the parish, it is known that it was created in 1574. The role of the parish church was fulfilled by the wooden church of p. Holy Trinity, located below the palace of the Brzescy family. The founder of the church was the owner of landed estates in Bolmin, Stanisław Brzeski. At the instigation of Fr. Jakub Chrostkowski, a Malopolska mansyman performing the duties of parish priest in Bolmin, Jan Brzeski, son of Stanisław, founded a brick church existing up to today. Birth of the Virgin. In 1617, Bishop Tomasz Oborski, the Kraków suffragan, consecrated the church and the main altar. In 1636, the chapel was added from the north side, and in the 17th century the church was enlarged by building a bell tower from the west side. For further expansion, the temple waited until the beginning of the last century. This was what the parish priest at that time tried to do, Father. Piotr Folfasiński. Two porches were created. One from the west side, the other from the south, and a small treasury was built above it. In 1911, thanks to this parish priest, the parishioners built a wooden belfry and placed three new bells on it. The parish in Bolmin owes much to Father Folfasiński. The priest held the office of parish priest in this parish three times and died here in 1940. He often said that he loves Bolmin and the miraculous image of the Mother of God. It was he who placed the miraculous image in the main altar, contributing to his priestly ministry to intensify the worship of the image of the Mother of God with the Gracious Favors. To this day, this image is worshiped. The history of the image of the Mother of God with the Gracious Favors The first mention of the painting is in inventory from 1798. Fr. Folfasiński claimed that this painting came from the private chapel of Brzeski's heir. There are grounds to believe that he was offered to the church in the years when it began to function. Ks. Folfasinski, as already mentioned, returned to Bolmin three times to perform the function of parish priest. He explained his return by the fact that Bolmin's love for the Mother of God was in her image. Therefore, he moved the image of Our Lady from the side chapel to the main altar and tried to print postcards with a picture of the image on the background of the Boloni church. The parish is still in possession of medals specially minted in honor of M.B. Bolmińskiej. To emphasize the moment of unveiling the picture on Sunday and public holidays, Fr. Folfasiński organized a brass band, whose trumpeters made a bugle call. Before the war and after the war, numerous pilgrimages from nearby parishes attracted the indulgence to Bolmin with the whole processional parade. During World War I, in 1914, the church was hit with artillery shells. Ks. Folfasiński, who was at that time in Kielce, ordered that the image of Our Lady be transported to a safe place in Kielce. When the inhabitants of Bolmin took off the painting and prepared it for deportation, they heard the child crying in the church. Surprised searched the whole temple, unfortunately they did not find the child. So they went out to the church and searched the whole square in front of the temple - and they did not find a child here. Surprised, they returned to the church to do what they intended. As they approached the painting with the intention of elevating it to the waiting wagon, they heard the child cry again. Terrified by this fact, they acknowledged that it was a sign from heaven and Our Lady does not want her miraculous image to be taken away from the church. They decided to hide him in the church. Here, under the floor, they buried a painting that successfully survived the turmoil of war. Oddly enough, the church, though scarred by bullets, survived, and the village was almost razed to the ground. Missiles that fell into the temple did not explode, and if there was an explosion, it did minor damage. After the death of Fr. Folfasinski in 1940, Fr. prob. Piotr Oborski. Thanks to him, two bells were saved, which the Germans wanted to requisition. He, too, knowing German well, saved the church from burning. The Germans wanted to burn the temple because the partisans were getting help here.
Copyright 2018 puzzlefactory.pl. All rights reserved.